The Race Is On: Get Your Early Bird Discount Now!
MMGMA Summer Conference is Just Around the Corner
Only $275 until July 10th
- National Speaker Frank Cohen: Evidence-Based Management
- Health Care Informatics
- Do You Need A New Boss?
- Physician Leadership
- Innovative Revenue Ideas
- Work-Life Flexibility
- Risk Management
The deadline for ICD-10 is October 14, 2014. Provider and provider groups should be planning now. Here are some tips on what organizations should be doing:
- Identify resources internally and from CMS, trade associations, payers, and vendors.
- Create project team based on available and needed resources.
- Assess effects; determine how ICD-10 will affect your practice.
- Create project plan based on assessment.
- Secure budget.
- Assess current documentation, identify areas that lack specificity for ICD-10 codes (vendors available to do assessment).
- Identify high-volume, high-risk (high-dollar) and problem-prone cases; coders can assist in analysis.
- Identify where diagnosis and procedure data are used to mitigate risks and prepare staff for changes.
- Inform and engage staff.
- Contact vendors about compliance plans and upgrade schedules.
- Contact payers about compliance plans and contract-specific concerns you may have.
- Monitor vendor prep.
- Monitor payer prep.
- Review changes in documentation requirements; educate staff.
- Conduct high-level training for clinicians and coders.
- Start testing ICD-10 codes and systems with coding, billing, and clinical staff.
- Test data and reports for accuracy.
- Monitor vendor and payer preparedness.
- Begin testing with business trading partners.
- Review coder and clinician preparation.
- Begin detailed ICD-10 coding training.
- Work with vendors to complete transition.
- Complete ICD-10 transition for full compliance:
- ICD-9 codes continue to be used for services provided before October 1, 2014.
- ICD-10 codes required for services provided on or after October 1, 2014.
- Monitor systems and correct errors if needed.
The Minnesota ICD-10 Collaborative will hold two webinars early and late fall of this year. These webinars will be geared toward Minnesota providers. The dates of these webinars are September 4, 2013 and November 6, 2013. Save the dates on your calendar and watch for more detailed information to follow.
You can find additional information from the following resources:
- CMS national calls and webinars.
- Payers and their provider-specific web sites.
Gray Plant Mooty 17th Annual Health Law Conference
MMGMA Committee Updates
Communications: The Communications Committee is looking forward to the debut of the newly updated MMGMA Logo. You’ll see it first at Summer Conference!
Exhibitor Sponsorship: The Exhibitor Sponsorship Committee’s focus has been on securing event sponsors and exhibitors for Summer Conference. Our Committee completed the booth assignments for the resource center and we are pleased with the variety of business solutions which will be represented at Summer Conference. Let us know if you have a business partner who you think might be interested in either exhibiting or becoming an event sponsor. Summer Conference is almost here!
Membership: A subgroup of the Membership Committee conducted a focus group with representatives from large clinics/systems, moderated by Walt Flynn, on June 11th. Lots of valuable input was received regarding the value of the MMGMA organization for larger health care providers. The Membership Committee will be working on developing strategies based on what was learned with resulting recommendations to the Executive Committee.
A New Members & Sponsors Breakfast will be held from 7:30 to 8:15 am on Thursday July 25th at the Summer Conference. It is open to anyone who has joined MMGMA in the last year and anyone who is new to the Summer Conference. We will also have a Membership Table at the conference. Please stop by and enter to win Twins Tickets and to update your MMGMA profile.
Payer Relations Committee:
Day with the Payers:
The Payer Relations Committee would like to thank all those who attended the Third Annual Day with the Payers. This year was a great success and we plan to hold the Fourth Annual Day with the Payers next year at the same time.
Meetings with the Payers:
The Payer Relations Committee will complete our annual meetings with the major Minnesota payers next month. Watch for updates from these meetings to be posted on the website in the near future.
- Accounting Manager – posted 7/2/2013
- Operations Director – posted 6/28/2013
- Clinic Administrator Avera Medical Group Brookings – posted 6/24/2013
- Sr. Managed Care Contract Analyst – posted 6/21/2013
- Clinic Manager – posted 6/20/2013
- Director Revenue Cycle and Coding Avera Medical Group – posted 6/18/2013
Visit our job board
to read more about these and other job postings.