In This Issue:
It is with great sadness that the Executive Committee announces the passing of Gail B. Grainger. Gail was an avid member of MMGMA since 2008 and most recently was a member of the Payer Relations Committee. She was only 49 years old and a 20-year resident of Hugo, Minnesota. She lost her 13-year battle with breast cancer on November 25, 2014 at J.A. Wedum Hospice House. Gail is survived by her husband, Kurt, and daughter, Britain Grainger. She will be greatly missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family in this most difficult time. http://www.bradshawfuneral.com/obituary/Gail-B.-Grainger/Hugo-MN/1456550
Visioneering: Forging the Future
Registration will open in the new year; meanwhile, watch the MMGMA website
and your inbox closely for highlights and updates.
Winter Conference Sponsorship Opportunities Still Available
Have you changed jobs recently? Please consider MMGMA 2015 Winter Conference sponsorship opportunities for your employer. There are dozens of opportunities to get your company name in front of attendees, including:
- Session sponsor – $500
- Lunch sponsor – $650
- Photography sponsor – In kind
- Breakfast sponsor – $500
- Legislative update sponsor – $500
Applicants for ACMPE Certification Could Get MGMA Membership Waived
MGMA would like to encourage MMGMA members to apply for board certification through the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE), and in turn MGMA national will waive the first year national membership fees to any state member that applies to the program! In order to participate in the program, the following qualifiers must be met:
- Must be a current state member
- Cannot be a current national member
- Must be a qualified applicant for certification (application must be accepted to receive free one year national membership)
- Must pay $250 one-time application fee
CMS Launches Road to 10
It’s official: October 1, 2015 is the new ICD-10 compliance date. To help your practice with this transition, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has launched the Road to 10
program at www.roadto10.org
Developed in collaboration with small practice physicians, Road to 10 provides free and actionable tools, information, and training to support your ICD-10 journey. Whether you are just getting started or have your transition underway, Road to 10 will help you navigate your path to ICD-10 compliance.
The resources available through Road to 10 will help you:
- Understand the basics of ICD-10, the differences between ICD-9 and ICD-10, and the opportunities associated with ICD-10.
- Explore common codes, primers for clinical documentation, clinical scenarios, and physician perspectives broken out by specialty.
- Create a customized action plan, personalized by specialty and practice details.
Mayo Health System, Children’s Hospital & Clinics and Fairview Health System have been selected to participate in Medicare’s End to End Testing in 2015. Section 1104 of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires the adoption of new standards, operating rules, and identifiers in the upcoming years. In addition, the ACA requires health plans to certify compliance that they have adequate documentation that they are compliant with standards and operating rules and that they have completed end-to-end testing with their trading partners. CMS’ goal for End-to-End testing is to lay the groundwork for a more efficient and less time-consuming method for health care provider testing of future standards, leading to more rapid adoption of the future standards. While the goal is a process that can be used across all Administrative Simplification Requirements, ICD-10 will be the test case used during the pilot.
MNCM Posts Quality Measurement Results
Minnesota Community Measurement (MNCM) recently posted new HEDIS quality measurement results on MNHealthScores.org
Newly released results of 10 measures, reported at the medical group-level, include:
- Breast cancer screening (3 percentage point increase to 82%)
- Appropriate care for children with ADHD who receive medication (remained at 42%)
- Appropriate care for adults with bronchitis (3 percentage point increase to 29%)
- Chlamydia screening (2 percentage point increase to 50%)
- Appropriate testing of COPD (2 percentage point increase to 41%)
- Appropriate care for children with colds (1 percentage point increase to 90%)
- Controlling high blood pressure (1 percentage point increase to 76%)
- Appropriate care for children with sore throats (1 percentage point decrease to 88%)
- Immunizations for adolescents (4 percentage point increase to 66%)
- Immunizations for children (2 percentage point increase to 80%)
PQRS Negative Payment Adjustments
Starting in 2015, CMS will apply a negative 1.5% PQRS payment adjustment to payments for eligible professionals (EPs) who do not meet the PQRS criteria for satisfactory reporting in the 2013. CMS is sending letters to practices that will be affected and have issued a Fact Sheet
on their review process. Once the EP, Comprehensive Primary Care (CPC) practice site, or group practice requests a review of their incentive eligibility or payment adjustment determination, CMS will investigate whether they have met the criteria for satisfactorily reporting under PQRS.
BCBS Compliance & FWA Training
BCBS of MN’s November Provider bulletin detailed new requirements for general Compliance training and Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA) training. Providers that do not meet the criteria will be required to attend BCBS’s Compliance & FWA training sessions. Please see the BCBS Provider Bulletin
for further information.
ACMPE Liaison Committee:
MGMA is waiving one year’s membership to new national MGMA members who are current MMGMA members and are new applicants for ACPME certification. (See article
Communications Committee: Work continues with Synergos to update our current website to the new MGMA-compatible branding. Watch for the MMGMA new look on our website in January. In 2015, we will be assisting MMGMA Executive and Committee leadership to survey MMGMA membership. From this survey, we hope to gain insight and information that will help MMGMA meet the changing needs of our membership. Please plan to take part in the survey.
Conference & Education Committee: A fabulous Winter Conference is coming together. Make sure to mark your calendars for March 3-4, 2015.
Exhibitor & Sponsorship Committee:
We are looking for sponsors for this year’s Winter Conference. Visit www.mmgma.org/sponsorship-opportunities
to sign up online or call 651-999-5359 to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
Membership Committee: The Membership Committee is working to implement a multi-year membership discount for regular members. Committee members are also reaching out to prospective affiliate members. We need all current members’ assistance with recruitment of new MMGMA members. Our committee is happy to speak to any individual or groups who have an interest in MMGMA. Thank you.
Payer Relations Committee:
Save the date: Our annual Day with the Payers
will be Thursday, May 21, 2015 at the Earle Brown Heritage Center.
- Billing Specialist – posted 12/12/14
- Nurse Manager – posted 12/9/14
- Patient Care Coordinator and Administrative Lead – posted 12/2/14
- Human Resource Generalist (HRG) – posted 12/2/14
Visit our job board
to read more about these and other job postings.