MMGMA Committee Updates
Communications: Having completed the website videos and redesign of the MMGMA logo, the Communications Committee will be concentrating future efforts on improving MMGMA’s use of social media.
Are you a HERO? GAC is looking for MMGMA members who would like to be a data hero. Data heroes are MMGMA members willing to be on an email distribution list that would be used when we are looking for information for legislative efforts. Examples of the type of data we might need would be a process explanation of the difference in paperwork for commercial patients vs. work comp patients; no show rate tracking for 2 weeks based on payer type; the amount of time and effort invested in the Release of Information process; costs and time invested in state-mandated efforts, etc. We need a cross section of primary care and specialties, rural and metro, solo practice to large group, and independents and systems. No one person would be expected to respond to all data hero requests, but instead identify the ones you have interest in and offer to dig in. The more HEROES we have, the less effort needed from any one person/group. If you’d like to be a HERO, please email Rachael Nyenhuis, GAC Chair, at Rnyenhuis@northlandplasticsurgery.com
- Business Office Manager – posted 7/31/2013
- Environmental Services Manager – posted 7/30/2013
- Anesthesia Clinical Services Manager – posted 7/26/2013
- Clinic Manager (Baxter location) – posted 7/15/2013
- Administrator – posted 7/9/2013
Visit our job board
to read more about these and other job postings.
PCMH Care Manager Conference
Tuesday, August 27th - Wednesday, August 28th, 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
This exclusive Care Manager Conference hosted by Prevea Health at Lambeau Field Atrium is dedicated to provider-led strategies in the patient-centered medical home. It delivers critical intelligence, resources, case studies, best practices and real working models to care managers and professionals involved in care coordination as they seek to address challenges, reduce costs, and optimize care delivery models.
- Healthcare Transformation within the PCMH Neighborhood; Paul Grundy, MD, President, Patient Centered Primary Care Collaborative
- Visit-Based Care Coordination: Pre-Post Preparation, Resolving Gaps in Care Raena Akin-Deko, Assistant Vice President, Product Development, NCQA
- Quality Measures, Advanced Stratification within Care Management Workflows; Theresa Mees, RN, Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality
- Impact of Medication Therapy Management (MTM) on Hypertension Control and Adherence; Luba T. Andrus, RPh, MJ
- Evidence Based Medicine for Diabetes-Past, Present and Future: Individualizing Diabetes Treatments; Ken Kortas, PharmD
- Patient Activation: Engaging Low-Activated Patients; Michelle Hallman, Director, Population Health Clinical Strategies
Attendees will learn:
- How provider organizations are using PCMH to redesign the care delivery system and how care coordination is the bridge to reducing silos and building collaboration.
- The importance of patient engagement in making sustainable changes including shared decision making and patient involvement. Motivational interviewing for truly impactful behavior change.
- And much more from experts and leading health systems.
Have Good News to Share?
Have you or a MMGMA colleague recently reached a milestone or been given a professional honor? Please let us know about it so we can publish your Good News with our members! To make an announcement, send us an email at email@example.com
David Rothschiller is the new Executive Director of Northwest Anesthesia, PA (NWA). Dave joined NWA on June 30, 2013. He will coordinate all aspect of group practice management for NWA.
Dave has had a long career in group practice management and healthcare leadership over the course of three decades. Most recently, Dave was the Executive Director of Health Billing Systems (HBS), Inc. in Plymouth, Minnesota. Prior to joining HBS, Dave spent 29 years with Saint Paul Heart Clinic (SPHC) & CardioDiagnostics, Inc., in Saint Paul, MN. Dave is also a Past President of MMGMA.